Beyond the Wand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Harry Potter RP site, Beyond the Wand is currently a free-form site where all are welcome!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Important Links & Info

• Site Plot
  • General Rules
  • Character Applications
  • Claims and Jobs
  • FAQ's

• Who is online?
    In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 193 on Sun Apr 11 2021, 04:13

Take In The Sun With Me (Rhian)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
    AuthorMessage
    Connor Bailey

Connor Bailey

Dragon Trainer In Training

Take In The Sun With Me (Rhian)  Empty
    PostSubject: Take In The Sun With Me (Rhian)    Take In The Sun With Me (Rhian)  EmptyFri Jul 13 2018, 00:08

Summer meant many things: vacation from classes, sun, some heat, and travel. For Connor, it meant many things: it meant taking some time out in the sun with his family, and more importantly, the goal for these two weeks was to distract his grandmother from her mourning and allowing her to smile once more.

His grandmother had surprisingly agreed pretty easily at the idea of them going somewhere. She loved Barcelona, and some Spanish weather would do them well. The only downfall that for the first week one family member could not attend their vacation: Rhian. If he was perfectly honest, the death of his grandfather Atticus, had brought a lot of things into perspective: one of them being love. He knew that if he wanted to be happy, he needed to ignore his pride and instead follow his heart if he wanted happiness.

And so they agreed to bury the hatchet. There was no need for them to argue or be petty, but rather try to be friends with a prospect for more. Love was on the tip of their tongue but never said directly to one another. It seemed wrong to rush it, but instead they still spoke to one another via fireplace or Owls.

Their communication increased while he was out. The first few days of vacation, were spent in the streets taking in the scenery, the food, and the sun. He had to admit that the only people that missed Rhian was his grandmother and him. It was on their fifth day at the beach where he was notified that she was agreeing to visit them for the last week.

Smiling at the thought, he waited patiently at the train station for her while his family was out shopping.

Back to top Go down
    Rhian Kael

Rhian Kael

PostSubject: Re: Take In The Sun With Me (Rhian)    Take In The Sun With Me (Rhian)  EmptyFri Jul 13 2018, 01:03

A loud whistle from the front of the train shocked Rhian into consciousness. She'd been absolutely knackered getting on a few hours back, and had fallen to sleep easily.

The last two weeks she'd had to take over at Hookfang as acting manager, something she'd never dreamed of doing. But the owner had fallen ill suddenly, and she'd been the only one really qualified to step it, what with her years of working there. Living above the pub meant she was available more often than others as well, so she'd been working every day, usually longer than her normal shifts even.

When the owner came back in yesterday, he'd handed her an envelope with advance payment and a bonus as well. He told her she was taking time off, and he'd hear absolutely none of it. As much as Rhian wanted to argue that it was truly too much, he fondly shooed her out the door and told her not to come back for a week at least. Longer if she needed.

That's how she found herself traveling to the mainland and then by train the rest of the way. Connor and the rest of his family had been gone for the past week, and she was beside herself with excitement to be able to join them. They hadn't done a family vacation in so long, and the idea of spending time away from home with Connor was thrilling.

And nerve wracking. She'd been thankful that their communications since Atticus's funerals felt rather natural and not at all the minefield she'd imagined they would be. But being together in person was a bit more daunting.

The train pulled into the station and everyone gathered their things. It's going to be fine. Just fine, she kept repeating to herself. Biting her lip anxiously, she stepped out onto the platform and breathed in the smells of a new place. Her eyes found Connor easily, lighting up when she saw him.

Her short strides turned into a bit of a trot as she made her way through the crowd towards him, beaming all the while. "Hi," she greeted breathlessly. It was easier than anything to step into him and hug him close. The warmth of him helped relax the last few weeks tension from her body.
    Back to top Go down
    Connor Bailey

Connor Bailey

PostSubject: Re: Take In The Sun With Me (Rhian)    Take In The Sun With Me (Rhian)  EmptyMon Jul 16 2018, 00:01

As Connor waited patiently for Rhian to arrive, he couldn't help but take the train station around him. It seemed that when every train reached the station, couples would greet one another in different ways. One was the pair meeting halfway as they ran to one another to meet like a kiss right out of a romance novel. There was another couple, with the girl holding up a sign for his Auror boyfriend who seemed extremely tired, but still picked up and and dipped her. Another couple that he had paid attention too, they met and they simply kissed right as they met one another in a way where two pieces of a puzzle meet. He was quite fond of that one out of the others because it seemed the simplest and the most heartfelt.

He soon grew jittery at the thought of any expectations that she had at the station. Apparently many romantic gestures were done here and he didn't want to feel any pressure but did not want to disappoint either. But at this point they were not yet a couple, but they weren't just friends either. Being in the middle ground meant that they were both vocal about their feelings, but had yet to officiate anything.

Every since the passing of his grandfather, he knew that this vacation would be a good moment to possibly try to start blossoming a proper romance. Neither had a significant other, and they knew that they cared for one another and would be constants in their lives. Smiling slightly at that, he could not help but smile wider as he saw that her train had reached the station.

The first thing he did was to immediately head towards the location to meet the travelers. He pushed through as politely as he could, while his eyes searched for his short friend. It was when he saw her that his small smile grew into a larger one. Rushing towards her, he found rushing to him as well. Her greeting was followed by a hug and he immediately wrapped his arms around her as he kissed her forehead.

"Welcome to Barcelona" he murmured softly.

Back to top Go down
    Rhian Kael

Rhian Kael

PostSubject: Re: Take In The Sun With Me (Rhian)    Take In The Sun With Me (Rhian)  EmptyWed Jul 18 2018, 01:21

Connor's lips on her forehead made Rhian's cheeks burn. It wasn't new, even before they'd made up at Atticus's funeral. But the fluttering in her stomach, the way it felt like the kiss was burned onto her skin, that was definitely something different. Heath had only ever kissed her hand, or cheek...very old fashioned. But it had never felt like this.

Pulling back a bit so she could look up at him, Rhian's hands stayed at his waist, the back of her mind marveling at the strangeness yet familiarity of such a gesture.

Her smile lit up her eyes with excitement, "Thanks. I'm just excited to be out of that pub!"

They both knew she loved it at Hookfang. Working there initially had given her some much needed autonomy in the early days, summer holidays and such. Connor may not be as familiar with the place as she would like, but Rhian knew he'd be just as accepted by her work family there.

As the bulk of the crowd departed around them, she shifted her messenger bag on her shoulder and turned towards the exit. "So what have you and the family been up to? Anything fun that I just have to do, now that I'm here?" Truthfully, she didn't really care what they did. They could lounge around in their pajamas all day and she'd be happy with that. It was something she'd always loved about Connor. He was just...home.
    Back to top Go down
    Connor Bailey

Connor Bailey

PostSubject: Re: Take In The Sun With Me (Rhian)    Take In The Sun With Me (Rhian)  EmptyThu Jul 19 2018, 23:14

Having her in his arms was perfectly natural and honestly the best part of his vacation so far. She was so small, delicate but sturdy something that he admired more than anything. Her resilience of her made him love her all the more. So as she looked up at him, he caressed her cheek softly takin in her excitement and smiling amused at her own antics.

"About time you act your age" there was nothing critical about it. Instead it was a reminder of the idea that she should enjoy her youth as much as she could before real adulthood hit her. After all, he wasn't happy she was living by herself especially with her moments of financial struggle, but nonetheless, he attempted to support her.

As they both of them, began to move towards the exit, his hand naturally found hers and chuckled at her usual questions.

"It's been good for the most parts. Lots of sun and waves and just a proper summer before we get back to the books" he shrugged. "Grandma is thinking about moving here, since we have Auntie Aurora here and you know how close they can be." he commented. "They always wanted to move here..." he trailed off for a second before moving to a lighter tone. "What do you want to do?"

Back to top Go down
    Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Take In The Sun With Me (Rhian)    Take In The Sun With Me (Rhian)  Empty

Back to top Go down

Take In The Sun With Me (Rhian)
    View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
    Page 1 of 1