Beyond the Wand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Harry Potter RP site, Beyond the Wand is currently a free-form site where all are welcome!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Important Links & Info

• Site Plot
  • General Rules
  • Character Applications
  • Claims and Jobs
  • FAQ's

• Who is online?
    In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 193 on Sun Apr 11 2021, 04:13

A Gift From Me To You (Rhian)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
    AuthorMessage
    Connor Bailey

Connor Bailey

Dragon Trainer In Training

A Gift From Me To You (Rhian) Empty
    PostSubject: A Gift From Me To You (Rhian)   A Gift From Me To You (Rhian) EmptySat Mar 10 2018, 15:52

Late-September, 2040 || Connor and Ben's Flat

Connor always knew he wasn't book smart; it was not something that came natural to him. Instead, he found himself to be good at fixing things. From broken clocks, to motorcycles, he was the guy if something needed to be fixed.  

So while Ben sold his experimental potions and all of his side business, he in turn got some money from working on stuff on the weekend. But this Saturday that was not the case at all; no right now he was working on a project. For one special girl in his life - his girl Rhian.

His spare gigs on the side had taken over his afternoons in Quidditch just so he could properly fund his project for her. This was a mixture of a congratulations to getting into school, to making sure she was safe, to...well the 'I love you' present. Whether or not she got what it meant...he shrugged.

He wouldn't complaint, so long to be around her. Even being around her orbit was better than not being there at all.

Back to top Go down
    Rhian Kael

Rhian Kael

PostSubject: Re: A Gift From Me To You (Rhian)   A Gift From Me To You (Rhian) EmptySat Mar 10 2018, 16:42

A quiet pop and soft giggle sounded as Rhian Apparated into the alley a short distance from Connor's flat. She knew the area around Baker street rather well, so was not in danger of getting lost. Unlike Tess's flat, she recalled.

It had been nearly four months since he'd moved in and not once had Rhian been over to visit. Sure, she was up to her eyeballs in school work, and took as many shifts at the bar she could get, but even he seemed to be inconveniently unavailable whenever she got the rare weekend day off.

Not that I'd been invite before now, her mind supplied with a pout. Somehow, she'd assumed that her acceptance to the Academy meant that she'd see her greatly missed friend more often, like when they were younger. But with them being two years apart in classes, more because she was a first year, they barely even passed each other in the castle halls. He'd assured her that next year would be different, with her having a bit more choice in her classes. But that did nothing to lighten her mood on the matter right now.

Approaching the townhouse, she used the metal knocker on the outer door, a bit too tall to be comfortable for her in plain Converse. Within a minute it was opened to reveal an older woman with a kind face.

"Hello. May I help you?" She had an apron on, which she wiped her hands on.

Rhian smiled lightly. "Hi, I'm actually here to see Connor." She wondered for a moment if he was on a first name basis with this woman. "Or, um...Mr. Bailey?" That's weird!

"Oh! One of the boys! Well they never get visitors around here, not that I've seen." The woman motioned Rhian in and shut the door behind her. "I'm Mrs. Stubbs, their landlady. I live here on the ground floor. They're settled up there," she pointed towards a door at the top of a flight of stairs. "But I think he may be out in the shed, dear. You can come through this way."

They walked through another door, into what had to be the woman's own home. It was warm and inviting, much like the witch herself. Rhian was glad to see Connor had found a place like this to live. As her mind wandered away with the thought, she realized she was being spoken to as she was lead to a back door.

"...so nice to have company. They're a lovely pair, those boys. Though they do squabble something quite awful. Love is like that, in a way."

Rhian had to hold in a laugh.
    Back to top Go down
    Connor Bailey

Connor Bailey

PostSubject: Re: A Gift From Me To You (Rhian)   A Gift From Me To You (Rhian) EmptySat Mar 10 2018, 18:24

'Finally Done' Connor sighed in relief as he finished the Mrs. Belle's music box. If he was perfectly honest he was not fond of taking care of small items to fix. That involved him actually using glasses (much to his annoyance), and using tiny items in his big clumsy hands.

"Forty galleons in my pocket" he smiled to himself before putting it away.

He was in the midst of closing the shed and heading to shower, that is until he heard the hubbub of the building. For one thing there were giggles and the landlady kept chatting. That always a bad idea...especially when he heard a familiar giggle.

"Oh no"

Quickly grabbing his cloth to clean his hands he rushed off to the townhouse as giggles continued.

"Mrs Stubbs!" he said a bit out of breath and embarrassed as he saw Rhian.

He looked a bit of a mess, for one thing his hair was floppy, he was only wearing a tank top and loose sweatpants while she looked...not a mess. Smiling sheepishly he found himself happy to break in.

"I see you met Rhian. She's my best girl" he smiled brightly as he formally introduced the two.

A frown formed on Mrs. Stubbs expression as she still greeted the girl.

"Does Benji know about this?"

Connor found himself sighing in a bit of frustration. "Mrs. Stubbs as I said before and I will keep saying, we are nothing but best mates! And yes he knows a lot about Rhian."

Wrapping his arm around Rhian he signaled her to perhaps head up the stairs and away from the chatty landlady.

Back to top Go down
    Rhian Kael

Rhian Kael

PostSubject: Re: A Gift From Me To You (Rhian)   A Gift From Me To You (Rhian) EmptySat Mar 10 2018, 19:16

"Of course you are, dear." Mrs. Stubbs winked conspiratorially at Connor. Rhian could barely hold herself together in front of the woman at the look on Connor's face.

She barely had a chance to call out a thank you to the woman before she was being herded up the stairs and into what looked like a complete bachelor pad. Is this what it's like when men live away from home?! she wondered. Sure, Connor wasn't the leanliest of people when it came to his room growing up, but she'd assumed that was how kids were at their parents' house.

At the sheer expanse of 'Mess', her eyes widened. "You couldn't bother to tidy up a bit? I mean, I know we're like family, but I don't need to see your dirty laundry." It wasn't said to be mean, but she toed at a pair of wadded up socks near the end of the couch, and her eyes spotted more articles of clothing here and there.

That wasn't even mentioning the state of the kitchen. Her shock changed to amusement at the idea of him actually cleaning because of her. What a world that would be, huh?
    Back to top Go down
    Connor Bailey

Connor Bailey

PostSubject: Re: A Gift From Me To You (Rhian)   A Gift From Me To You (Rhian) EmptySat Mar 10 2018, 19:38

In his rush to get Rhian from Mrs. Stubbs gossipy personality, he failed to realize that he had failed to clean the flat. He had given Rhian an open invitation to come and visit his new place, but since she never formally say when she was arriving he found himself unable to clean.

Perhaps the worse part in all of this was the fact that he had actually thought it didn't look too terrible. It was her comment that made him remember how normal people lived. And worse of all, Ben had caused all of this. In his binge of potion brewing, the boy had gone through a phase of not sleeping. At first Connor had been concerned if this was happening once more when he was in his 'habits' but that was clearly not the case.

Begrudgingly he began to clean the items and mumbled something about how stupid Ben was. Still looking up at Rhian he sighed.

"This is definitely not mine okay" he lifted a purple shirt made for someone a lot leaner than him as proof. Along with a narrow pair of pants, and some more items. Annoyed he rushed to Ben's room and threw everything in there before slamming the door closed.

"If I knew you were coming you know I would have cleaned. I always clean for my favorite girl" he signaled her to take a seat at their surprisingly clean lazy chair and he walked around picking up loose items.

"I'm glad you finally came!" he admitted as he cleaned. "I haven't seen you on campus"

Back to top Go down
    Rhian Kael

Rhian Kael

PostSubject: Re: A Gift From Me To You (Rhian)   A Gift From Me To You (Rhian) EmptySat Mar 10 2018, 20:16

Rhian's hand covered her mouth as she tried to stifle her responding laugh. The clothes Connor held up were indeed too small for his athletic frame. She could remember clearly when he started needing bigger shirts to cover his broader shoulders. If only because she was prone to borrowing them when she was home on holiday. He'd liked to say she was stealing them, but she always gave them back!

Hanging her bag up on the hooks by the door, she watched as Connor moved past the kitchen, into a small hallway with a few doors. He tossed the pile into the room at the end, seeming to take his frustration out on the door once he was done. The whole process was rather amusing, as Rhian noted the way his embarrassment brought a red tinge to the tops of his ears.

She settled into the offered arm chair, tucking her feet up under herself, her elbow perched on the arm rest. His comment surprised her, and a familiar warmth filled her cheeks. Rhian felt truly lucky to have friends like him and Tess. Not everyone did, and she cherished them greatly.

"I know. I think saw you in a classroom up on the second floor one day, but I was kinda running behind so I couldn't exactly say hi." Besides the fact that she didn't want to distract him in class. It wouldn't be good for her first impression on higher-level teachers to be that of a trouble maker.

"And Ric at work has this weird flu thing going on. So I've been working more shifts for the last couple weeks."

You could have come sooner, a devilish voice sounded in her mind. True, she answered. But she really couldn't be blamed for taking time for herself. Or...someone else.
    Back to top Go down
    Connor Bailey

Connor Bailey

PostSubject: Re: A Gift From Me To You (Rhian)   A Gift From Me To You (Rhian) EmptySat Mar 10 2018, 21:31

As Connor cleaned around his flat he wanted to make it clear to her that this mess wasn't him. Growing up, he was never the cleanest of children, but his mother's disappointment in is disorganized chaos made him wish to fix it. So as soon as he realized how much his mothe liked when he clean, he found himself working around the house making sure things were spotless. It soon stopped once his father made it clear that those tasks were for maids or for women and not the heir of his family.

Still, when his father was out on business, it was a good way to pass the time, cleaning, cooking and singing with his mother. A slight smile rose on his face at the thought, especially as he charmed the plates to start cleaning themselves.

"You know, I did miss your face" he teased as she rambled on about what had been going on with her. It was nice to have her go to MAE, but it was frustrating at how little he saw her. He did miss her greatly.

"But despite the mess, I do hope you like my place. It's hectic, messy and sometimes rage inducing but I don't know if I'd ever ask to change...well maybe one day if I find the right girl. But for now, Mrs. Stubbs says I have Ben" he chuckled. "Are you still living with Gram?"

Back to top Go down
    Rhian Kael

Rhian Kael

PostSubject: Re: A Gift From Me To You (Rhian)   A Gift From Me To You (Rhian) EmptySat Mar 10 2018, 22:52

Connor rushed around the flat around the chair Rhian was perched in as she looked on. He really didn't need to go to all that trouble. He and Ben were just getting out on their own, she didn't expect their living area to be spotless or anything. She wasn't going to stop him, though, resting her chin atop her hand on the arm rest, eyes dancing with contained laughter.

"Well, it's a pretty okay face, if I do say so myself," she teased back. Not until recently had anyone else in her life bothered to comment on it. At least, not anyone that she wanted to comment on it. Her thoughts drifted to this past Tuesday night, when she'd met up with Heath for ice cream after a late study session. She'd never known someone could find her eyes beautiful before.

A full blown laugh escaped her then, as she leaned back up to look at Connor. "She really does think the two of you are together, doesn't she? It's hilarious!" The woman downstairs had carried on a bit longer than he'd heard before joining them, with some rather inappropriate comments. Rhian had been able to hold her blush at the older witch's insinuations, if only because she knew they weren't founded in truth.

One of his other comments made Rhian's brow furrowed. "Are you already having troubles with....you know, you never actually told me her name." While she wasn't happy thinking of this mystery woman taking his time away from her, she wasn't happy that they were having troubles either. "If I need to get blastey on someone, Bailey, just point me in the direction!" She'd hex the woman into next week if she had to.
    Back to top Go down
    Connor Bailey

Connor Bailey

PostSubject: Re: A Gift From Me To You (Rhian)   A Gift From Me To You (Rhian) EmptySat Mar 10 2018, 23:11

Being away from his family was hard and initially when dorming he at least had an excuse. "It's closer and on campus" but ever since being kicked out he was now farther and had no rush to move back home. Even a messy day with Ben was far more interesting than anything his home could provide. As much as he loves his mother and father, he found it somewhat stifling and he knew this was the biggest freedom.

But there was one person he missed visiting and she sat right across from him right now. He smiled as she found herself fawning over her own face in a joking manner. He laughed and began to cook the pair of the lunch. He made enough for four people: one for Rhian, one for Ben and two portions for him.

He shook his head at the fact that Mrs. Stubbs just never understood what was really going on with the pair.

"The worst part about all of this is the fact that she doesn't buy it no matter what I do. Ben is the worse too because he finds it funny and by no means corrects her. He tells me to be confident in my heterosexuality, but honestly? No girl will ever want to come here. I seriously had a classmate come over for a class project and she gave them the dirty look as if I was cheating on Ben. I swear she needs a life."

"Are you already having troubles with....you know, you never actually told me her name."

That comment, made him lift his head from the boiling water to look at her. She looked seriously and genuinely curious, something that surprised him. To be perfectly honest he was very torn; he was told that he was a shitty liar. But it was embarrassing to be honest and even worse to keep lying. Shaking his head he found himself shrugging.

"I...Ben kinda ruined it you know? No one could really stand him and I mean if she can't accept my friends then there's no use. It's whatever, I'm not heartbroken" he found the pasta far more interesting as he began to stir in hopes of getting it out of his system.

"And you? Any boys chasing your tail?"
    Back to top Go down
    Rhian Kael

Rhian Kael

PostSubject: Re: A Gift From Me To You (Rhian)   A Gift From Me To You (Rhian) EmptyTue Mar 13 2018, 23:15

Rhian tracked Connor as he moved into the kitchen. Rather compact in stature, she was able to comfortably maneuver herself sideways on the cushiony chair, so as to watch him begin on making food and still continue the conversation. There was no discussion on what to eat, but as he spoke, she noticed him boiling water and getting out sauce. Her eyes lit up in expectation, having missed the pasta he used to make at home. They'd both grown up with a love of food and cooking, but for some reason his pasta always came out better.

She laughed easily at the idea of the kindly Mrs. Stubbs giving the stink eye to some strange Academy student. He'd probably been completely confused, as regular people who met only Connor could tell he was straight. And while she had no qualms about if Ben batted for the other team - who even knew! - she knew that the way Connor took care of the boy was purely out of a platonic love. He'd been like that since she could remember.

Nodding along, she did understand how someone could be put off by her friend's roommate. Rhian and Ben had never fully seen eye to eye. They'd gotten used to each other over the years, like two cats living in the same house. Acceptance without interaction. She was a bit sad, though, that he'd gotten in the way of some kind of happiness for Connor.

"Yeah, I get it. You'll have to find someone pretty exceptional to really take him on as well. The pair of you are kind of a package deal at this point." Like her and Tess. A shudder ran through her despite the warm day as she recalled her botched dates.

This was easily combated by the severe blush that rose on her cheeks at Connor's question. "Well," she had kind been the one to start this topic, asking about that girl and all. Unsure how to tell her oldest friend, who was a bit like a big brother, that she had her first...boyfriend? "There is this guy. We've only seen each other a few times, so it's nothing to write home about or anything." She worried at her lower lip in a mix of embarrassment and excitement. "But it's kinda fun, to be looked at in a new way, you know?"
    Back to top Go down
    Connor Bailey

Connor Bailey

PostSubject: Re: A Gift From Me To You (Rhian)   A Gift From Me To You (Rhian) EmptyTue Mar 13 2018, 23:25

A boyfriend?

Connor swore that his face froze and his heart dropped to his feet. A boy that she was interested in seeing? For some reason that thing never made sense to him. She was so...naive to the people around her that once fancied her. But it seemed so stupid for him to think that she could possibly remain single forever.

'How could she with that beautiful face of hers? Her big expressive eyes always shined and the way she carried herself was a beacon for people. And someone actually got her attention.

His head hurt; the thoughts swirling at high speeds in hopes of making sense of this. He should have never lied...there was no girl that could take her place. But was he replaceable? It seemed like that was the case. His heart hurt, a lot. Was this heartbreak? Can you heart break from an illusion that you've masterfully created in his head? He wasn't sure but it seemed like the case.

He swallowed a lump and he smiled slightly at her; forced and bittersweet but somehow genuine.

"It's about time someone realized how astounding you are" he said it completely sincerely.

He turned to the sink and threw out the water. The steam thankfully gave him a reason for his red cheeks. Was it rude to ask her to leave?

Yes, yes it was.

Perhaps this was for the best; this meant that he had to move on and find a girl for him. Because his chance here was gone. For if she couldn't notice what was right in front of her, it meant that she never had an interest.

'Be a good friend' his conscious pleaded.

"What's the bloke like?" he asked not looking at her anymore and using the excuse of cutting vegetables as a viable reason.

Back to top Go down
    Rhian Kael

Rhian Kael

PostSubject: Re: A Gift From Me To You (Rhian)   A Gift From Me To You (Rhian) EmptyTue Mar 13 2018, 23:46

Shit. That wasn't what Rhian wanted at all! She watched as Connor tensed up at her words. She was being completely daft and inconsiderate, which was not usually like her.

Of course he wouldn't want to hear about her budding romance with some guy, having just went through a breakup. And sure, he said he wasn't heartbroken about it, but Rhian couldn't believe the man in front of her was completely unfeeling about it. Clearly he was uneasy. Maybe what had ended on a fizzle for him had actually meant a lot more than he was letting on.

With his back to her, she got up and padded softly over to him. Having dispensed with the idea of personal space long ago, it was easier than anything for her arms to wrap around his middle in a hug, her front pressed to his back in a gesture of comfort. No matter how his words said he was glad for her, that she deserved happiness, that wasn't more important than his pain.

"I'm sorry, Connor. I shouldn't be talking about this now. I'm stupid." Her head settled easily between his shoulder blades as her fingers gripped on to the front of his recently donned t-shirt. This close, she could smell the familiar scent of him, feeling a sense of coming home.

Rhian took a long breath, trying to calm her own storm of emotions, mostly anger at herself, with something she couldn't place. "Let's talk about something else. Anything else." She just wanted him to smile again, that special one he only did for her.
    Back to top Go down
    Connor Bailey

Connor Bailey

PostSubject: Re: A Gift From Me To You (Rhian)   A Gift From Me To You (Rhian) EmptyWed Mar 14 2018, 00:09

He was in the midst of putting everything back in the pot when he felt her patter over to him. Before he could even do anything about it, or say something she did the one thing that he did not need in that moment: a hug from her. It was one of those intimate things that he always assumed were different than anything else. It was one being pressing against the other and clinging to them lightly, this was not a friend hug. Yet now it all seemed to engulf him.

Her perfume wafted its way over and he found himself gripping the pot tighter than needed as she begged him to change to subject to anything else. But what frustrated him the most was that she didn't understand why she was sorry. He doubted she was apologizing for breaking his heart, or for leading him on. She assumed it was just something lighter that a hug could fix.

Connor then did the one thing that he'd never done before. Putting the pot down his larger hands covered hers and he untangled himself from her embrace. He muttered something along the lines of. "We can't do that anymore" and shuffled over to work on lunch.

"Rhi, I'm a big boy, no need to apologize for being happy." he stirred the sauce still not willing to look at her.

Taking a deep breath once everything was together he smiled at her. "Don't feel sorry for me Rhian, you need somebody special in your life...mine will come eventually. I just, I gotta find her."

Because to him it was clear that Rhian was not the girl for him.

Back to top Go down
    Rhian Kael

Rhian Kael

PostSubject: Re: A Gift From Me To You (Rhian)   A Gift From Me To You (Rhian) EmptyWed Mar 14 2018, 22:49

Rhian felt Connor's hands on hers, but she did not expect him to move hers away and step out of her embrace. His words didn't make sense. Why? What's wrong with a hug? She wanted to ask him. If he was acting like her normal friend, she would have.

But he wasn't. Sure, he needed to make sure the sauce didn't boil over and such, but Rhian could tell he was shutting her out. His body language, the fact that he wouldn't meet her eye, had her frowning in confusion. How had they changed so quickly? The short brunette pursed her lips and listened to the man in front of her pull on a verbal set of armor.

If he was going to be like that, she wasn't just going to stand and stare at him. That wouldn't do anything. New to his kitchen, Rhian shuffled through a few cupboards, finding things in odd places, before finding a few plates that she passed over to Connor for the finished meal. His smile....wasn't convincing.

"You will," she pushed out, a mix of conviction and apology. The tension was clear between the pair, in a way that had never been between them. She didn't know how to fix it, but was pretty sure hounding her friend about it wasn't going to help.

A bit of the kitchen table was clear, so she sat in the far chair, waiting for him to join him with his own plate. It was a quiet meal, strange for them. Rhian felt a deep pang in her chest at this strange, silent fight. Is that what this is? She didn't know.
    Back to top Go down
    Connor Bailey

Connor Bailey

PostSubject: Re: A Gift From Me To You (Rhian)   A Gift From Me To You (Rhian) EmptyWed Mar 14 2018, 23:25

The meal was incredibly awkward and silent. If he was perfectly honest it was a relief to allow him to think about what was happening. He couldn’t be hard on her because, she was absolutely clueless.

With  every touch and wishes for contact stabbed the idea harder and harder in his brain that he had made it all up. There was nothing there but a tease. A tease who didn’t even know what teasing really  was.

There was one clear message though. And that was a simple one: Give her the present and let’s end it here. While the friendship wouldn’t crumble completely, his stance was one that required space. It was not her fault that he has expectations.

“I’m glad you came. I wanted to give you something if you’re done. It’s out back”

Signaling her to follow he went down the stairs and do the work area. Under a tarp was what he wanted to give her.

“Ready?”
    Back to top Go down
    Rhian Kael

Rhian Kael

PostSubject: Re: A Gift From Me To You (Rhian)   A Gift From Me To You (Rhian) EmptyThu Mar 15 2018, 00:28

If she really thought about it, Rhian shouldn't be completely surprised at the new turn of events. When Connor had graduated from Hogwarts, she'd been beside herself with hurt that one of her two friends wouldn't be there with her for her last two years. It was harder even, since he'd been a part of her school experience since the beginning. Lavender had been there to console her through the summer, as Connor had prepared for his first year at the Academy.

It was natural, the older woman explained, to mourn the loss of a life you were used to. Is that what was happening now? Were they just going through another change in their friendship, forced to leave the last stage behind? Maybe. Connor had developed into his own person in the last two years at MAE, and Rhian had been forced to find her own way with only Tess by her side.

She sighed quietly, resigning herself to the knowledge that this new phase would be hard. That she was losing another person she held dear. What if....they were never the same again?

Her cloudy mood was cleared a way only a bit at the idea that he had something for her. After all, he couldn't hate her if he was giving her a present, could he? She took one last bite of her food and nodded with a soft "Mhmm." They left their plates on the table as she followed him back downstairs.

A quick walk out to the backyard lead them to the shed and something large under a tarp. She knew Connor liked working with his hands, but she hadn't expected whatever it was to be so large! At his question, she let out a tentative smile. "When you are."
    Back to top Go down
    Connor Bailey

Connor Bailey

PostSubject: Re: A Gift From Me To You (Rhian)   A Gift From Me To You (Rhian) EmptySat Mar 17 2018, 00:09

The idea of properly closing that door of emotions was a hard one to take in. Could he really do that? 'You have to, you've made a big enough fool out of yourself' his pride was clear. For his heart hurt, his dignity was wavering and his pride could only be swallowed so much.

Looking at her one more time, he knew that this would be a first step to something bigger. Love was out there for him, it had to be. So now he wouldn't have to work too many hours to save up money to finish up his project for her. Now he would have time to maybe find a nice girl.

'Yeah right, just face it, you're going to be sad and that's okay' It had to be okay.

"This is something I built so you could commute easier to MAE and just...go out on your own. It's not much but..it's time"

He had been planning to confess but now it seemed foolish. Like a band aid. So he removed the tarp and showed her the bike he had gotten her.

"What d'ya think?"

Back to top Go down
    Rhian Kael

Rhian Kael

PostSubject: Re: A Gift From Me To You (Rhian)   A Gift From Me To You (Rhian) EmptyMon Mar 19 2018, 23:31

Rhian's stomach did a silly little dance at the sight in front of her. A bike?! It had been years since she and Connor had talked about motorcycles. Growing up, they'd had a neighbor down the street that took them for rides and then, eventually, taught them both to ride. She'd even been caught a few times sneaking Connor's auto-mags to look for her dream model.

But it had been a frivolous purchase for Rhian, as she could easily Apparate or Floo wherever she needed to go. In her wildest dreams, even with acceptance to the Academy, she hadn't thought about having one for herself. As she walked over to the weighty machine, her hand moved to the closest handle, testing the grip firmly. Each part had been meticulously polished. It gave the look of love and attention, not necessarily new. She preferred it that way.

Tears swam in her eyes at the obvious time he'd spent on this, and his nonchalance. Leave it to Connor to act as if hours spent on a gift was nothing at all. Looking over at him with wonder, she wished their day had gone better. She wanted to hug the crap out of him for...well, everything!

"We can't do that anymore."

"It's perfect," her replied, her voice airy with obvious astonishment. Something in his stance, though, stole a piece of her joy. This is a parting gift, of sorts. She still didn't understand. But if he was asking her to go, she would give him space....even if it hurt her.

Last edited by Rhian Kael on Wed Mar 21 2018, 23:26; edited 1 time in total
    Back to top Go down
    Connor Bailey

Connor Bailey

PostSubject: Re: A Gift From Me To You (Rhian)   A Gift From Me To You (Rhian) EmptyMon Mar 19 2018, 23:45

If he was honest this was not how he had imagined handing her the gift. In his silliest fantasies he would have confessed to her after their favorite dinner, she would have reciprocated and then he would have showed her the bike he had made her. In this situation the signs were clearly there that there would be nothing more between them than awkward friendship.

'Not Forever' his heart told him and he had to believe it. Because as hurt as Connor was, he knew that he would eventually come back to he, even as friends when his heart was healed and his mind was sharper.

"I know you always wanted one and it's about time you had something all your own." he explained as he pushed it towards her.

The smile, was enough, it was better than any touch at the moment. So as she took off, he felt her run over his heart on her way out.

"It's better this way." And he had to believe that.

Back to top Go down
    Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Gift From Me To You (Rhian)   A Gift From Me To You (Rhian) Empty

Back to top Go down

A Gift From Me To You (Rhian)
    View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
    Page 1 of 1